MY TOP 10 2019 REFLECTIONS
As we draw close to the end of the year, it's okay to reflect on it's experiences, find out what they have taught you and apply them to create a better year ahead.
To this end, I will be focussing on "MY TOP 10 2019 REFLECTIONS"
The greatest lesson, I learnt in 2019 is to be intentional if I intend to make room for exponential increase as an individual, entrepreneur and leader.
My being intentional has its manifestation in the 10 lessons listed below.
#1 Work for free
I've been an entrepreneur for three years now and o! the challenge that comes with paying for everything; and I mean everything ; the seat that carries me, the information that brings the jobs and yes the mistakes that brings losses. I relish on the times when as an employee I got them all for free and wish.......
In these past years I've worked mostly for free. Most times to my own detriment.
Lately I've come to the conclusion that it is better I worked for free than stayed without work.
Here's the result, my tools are sharper now. As I reflect on stepping into exponential increase, I know I'm fully ready to wow my world with my sharp tools that were made so from working for free.
#2 Get a mentor you can look up to
A good question to ask yourself as an entrepreneur is what makes that person qualify as your mentor?
Firstly, he or she must be chosen by God. If you go in search of a mentor on your own, chances are that you will not get the benefits of having a mentor.
Secondly your mentor is not God. He or she is human, never forget that to err is human. Give them room to be humans so when you see their weakness you don't judge them.
Thirdly, a mentor has been where you're headed. They have gained wisdom, made mistakes and have emerged successful, when you ride on their wings, you gain their wisdom without paying the price they paid, you learn from their mistakes without making them yourselves and you arrive at success earlier than they did.
As the year comes to a close be intentional. Get a mentor.
#3 Find your voice and inspire others to find theirs.
Working for free and having a mentor are two prerequisite for finding your voice.
Your voice is basically your purpose. That thing that is unique to you and you alone. It is the reason you were born, why you exist and what you will be remembered for.
This year it became clearer. The clearer it became, the louder my voice became and all those other distractions were silenced. I became more focused and this had a way of inspiring others around me.
This gave rise to my strong team of those who also found their voice and are also inspiring others to find theirs. You see it like a ripple effect.
In 2020 our voices will be amplified because we have taken years to find it.
#4 You as as strong as your team
Being a "solopreneur" makes life pretty difficult as you are alone, you give so much and get so little in return.
When you are a "teampreneur", you accomplish more with your efforts and that of others. The Bible says one will chase a thousand and two will chase ten thousand. Imagine how many you and all your team mates will chase.
However, You need to be very careful who you choose, some people are there to destroy what others are building. You need the Holy Spirit and a lot of prayers and patience to choose the right people. Then you will stand as an army that can accomplish great things.
Then of course you need to have an agreement. When you choose your team mates, tell them to walk with you. Can two walk together unless they agree. Clearly spell out their roles and define their job description.
2020 is ours for the taking but we cannot do it on our own. We need a strong team to arrive at exponential increase.
#5 Learn WITH your team mates
I've always been facinated by children and how they learn. Most of them learn better with their peers.
The classroom weather organized or informal has been my best learning ground. In it I have learned from the scratch what it takes to be great.
Your team mates could be anyone, apart from my colleagues in church and business, the children I nurture are my team mates. They have taught me the greatest lessons in life
From them I have learned Patience, Respect for other people's opinions and Loyalty which are key ingredients to succeed as an entrepreneur.
Be intentional, get a team you can learn with not just from. You will definitely be on your way to exponential increase with this.
#6 Be a jack of all trades to survive. Be a master of one trade to build a great empire
There's no problem with being a jack of all trades when you need to survive especially when you are a super talented person.
This year, I was broke from January to September as an Educational consultant. I got a quit notice and it occurred to be that I had to rethink this age long myth.
When I was done thinking and praying, I nailed a consulting job, worked as a teacher, a performing art coach, an events manager, a sales person and Ministry Consultant.
I was not been out of work since then. I'm gradually getting out of survival mode. As soon as I am out, I will be a master of one trade which is writing, speaking and traveling internationally. Oops! that's threeπ it's not my fault, it comes with being super talented.
As we approach 2020 do all you can to survive, when you cross survival mode then focus on one thing to avoid begging and borrowing.
#7 2019 Let people use you
This picture has a lot of stories in it, chief of which is: I did the job of a compère, I also provided the sound and did the hall arrangements and design at my own expense, hoping to get paid but wasn't. Technically I was "used". But trust me, I saw it as a great opportunity.
Only a mediocre person will say "they want to use me". Before "nkor", is it not because you are useful that people want to use you. "Abi" do people use a useless thing.
Parents use children in a thousand and one ways; To create a good image of themselves and their families when they're young, build their homes now and secure a future for themselves in old age.
Ministers use saints to run with God given visions, build God's kingdom and establish God's rule on Earth.
Leaders and professionals are used to impact, inspire and improve citizens and the economy.
The "used" turn out to be great in every sphere. They make impact and yes! a lot of money when the time comes. They also find others that make themselves available to be used to carry out great things. Be reminded that if you are faithful in another's God will give you yours.
Never pass an opportunity to be used as we graciously exit 2019 to enter 2020 our year of exponential increase.
Unless you are converted and become as a child, you will not enjoy the greatest empire talk less of our individual empires.
Building our great empire is challenging enough, you cannot afford to make it more challenging by taking life too seriously.π
π
π
Some entrepreneurs take life too seriously. The effect could be having a lot of money but not Peace, Joy and Grace, which is a must have if you intend to enjoy the fruit of your labour.
By the way, there is a child in all of us that is seeking for expression, let her loose and trust me you'll feel better, be less stressed and accomplish more.
It's okay to dance sometimes, scream at the top of your voice for nothing and be silly. ππΏππΏππΏπππ
Whatever your child mode action is, activate it, start living your life to the fullest as you gallantly dance into 2020.
#9 If people are not patronizing you at "ahome" take your goods "abroad"
“A prophet has little honor in his hometown, among his relatives, on the streets he played in as a child.”
I found out that some times, as a creative person, your family, friends and church members are the least likely to patronise you especially when they cannot see what you're trying to show them in monetary terms. This is as a result of "seefinishism" π
π
π
In their mind they will say wait o, is this not Josephine Oghenekevbe Ogufere that grew up in Festac Town, studied Educational Management in University of Portharcout and has been a Child minster since I knew her; bla bla bla?π€ͺπ€ͺπ€ͺ
"Yese" o. It is me. I have learned my lesson the hard way now my goods are going with me to the ends of the Earth. They will be available for sale to you "abroad" in hard currency since you were not willing to have them "ahome" for free or little.π€£π€£π€£π€£
I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I'm just reflecting on my 2019.
2020 is at hand. If market no dey move for your shop or yard, abeg carry am comot go find where e go move.
#10 I'm no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God
Growing up I had so many fears, one of it was fear of drowning and my greatest was fear of failure.
I come from a family of very successful people, so everyday I was met with the challenge of making sure I was successful myself.
Nobody told me it was okay to fail and learn from my mistakes. My fear of failure kept me on the average.
This year, I still had those fears looming over my spirit, soul and body. But thank God for deliverance through spending time in His presence, the study of His Word and Worship.
The effect is:
My confession;
I know my God, I shall be strong and do exploits.
My song;
I'm no longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God.
My affirmation;
I experience exponential increase in 2020 and beyond.
My action;
Here I am on the beach, the waves brought the waters to me, I didn't run, I faced my fear.
2019 brought it's fear, 2020 will come with its own but you must decide to do what you have to do even if you're afraid, Remember you're no longer a slave to fear, you are a child of God.
Thanks for reading. Thanks for sharing my 2019 with me. God bless you. ππ❣️
Let the countdown begins......


This is an awesome read, thanks for sharing. Good success in the coming year.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteHmmm... This is superbly done
ReplyDeleteNo6 is my thing 100% o...
Almost all sentences had a hit on my astound buds , rephrasing that idiom " master of all trades to survive and master one to build an empire " more just the best way that describe the scenario of life ... Thanks ma'am.
ReplyDelete