An African Writers Super Powers
AN AFRICAN WRITERS SUPER POWERS.
Every African writer is a Super Hero. What makes a super hero is the Special Power they possess.
Below is a list of some Super Heroes and their Super Powers. According to Entertainment Weekly, these are the top 10.
1. Wonder Woman: Power of Hard Core, Ferocity, Feminity, Inspiration,
Endurance, Tactics, Element of Surprise, A Punch, Truth, A Golden Lasso, A
bracelet, Honor Indispensability.
2. Spider Man: Power of the Web, Long Limbs, Over Size Wide Eyes, Aspiration
and Passion.
3. Bat man: Power of A Detective, Endurance and Empowerment.
4. Super Man: Power of Justice, Super strength, X-ray vision and Flight.
5. Wolverine: Power of Mutation and Healing.
6. Iron Man: Power of Enterprise, Power of Business Acumen, Power of Intellect
and Moral.
7. Captain America: Power of Politics and Defense.
8. Hulk: Power of Strength.
9. Black Panther: Power of Hope and Support of the African pride.
10. Flash: Power of Speed.
For an African writer, there exists a vast number of Super Powers but here are my
top 7 Super Powers.
1. The Power of Looks
2. The Power Communication
3.The Power of Self Leadership
4.The Power of Negotiation
5.The Power of Creativity
6.The Power of Knowledge
7. The Power of Information Technology
So here I am introducing myself as the latest Super Hero on the mission to heal the world with words through listening, reading, writing, speaking and archiving books.
THE POWER OF LOOKS
They say, "How you dress determines how you will be addressed". Nothing can be
further from the truth. I've found out that fabulous looking writers have more
power. African writers know how to use the power looks to their benefit.
A couple of years ago a shabby looking young man walked into my school, I thought he was the carpenter I sent for, incidentally he was an applicant; he needed a job.
In my usual manner of attending to Enquirers and Clients, I said "please have a sit". I was in shock when he began to talk and spoke proficiently in the English Language. He was articulate. He spoke really well. Immediately I got interested.
We had a conversation for some time and I got into an interview with him. That kept me thinking: it's true, people do miss opportunities because of how they look". Indeed the way you dress determines how you will be addressed.
Every African "MUST" invest in their looks. That is one investment that yields dividends really fast. Don't just look good. Look fabulous. More opportunities await you as you do.
And remember looks goes beyond our faces and dressing. Our manners and etiquette also makes up our look.
THE POWER OF COMMUNICATION
Communication is a fundamental part of our lives. Words are singularly the most
powerful force available to humanity, especially to African Writers, since they
carry out the sensitive roles of molding and building humanity.
We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement or
destructively with words of despair. Words have energy and power to help, to heal,
to hurt, to exalt and to humble.
As African writers, we are in the business of using words daily on people we
nurture. It therefore becomes apparent that communication should be used as a
basic tool for building and molding the lives that we encounter.
Learning the right use of communication skills cannot and must not be taken for granted.
There exist four communication skills; listening, reading, speaking and
writing.
All skills must be mastered by every African writer if they intend to heal the world with words.
THE POWER OF SELF LEADERSHIP.
You cannot successfully lead another person if you have not first mastered the art of leading yourself. Leadership starts with you.
So many African writers can barely lead themselves, they have no ability to discipline themselves neither do they know how to wield the power of self-control, that’s why they remain mediocre.
If you really want to stand out as a leader, work on yourself first.
The first place to start is with self-love and self-confidence. Knowing who you are as a leader stands you out. Know your strengths and major on it, become a ten in the area of your strength. Know your weakness too and
never let your focus be on your weakness. Do not try to be someone else. Be you; unique, different, exceptional. Whatever you want to call it but be YOU.
I remember growing up and wondering why I was too talkative, too strong and too analytical. It troubled me because most of my friends were not like that.
They loved soap operas, I loved action movies. They bread romantic novels, I read business and motivational books. They liked things colorful, I liked them black.
They waited for perfect timing for things to happen, I went out to make things happen. It was so frustrating sometimes, I really wanted
to fit in but I just couldn’t so I gave up trying.
As I grew older, it dawned on me that it really did not matter that I did not fit
in; I was made different. I had a different role to play on life’s stage.
I was called and destined to be an apostle, a leader, a trail blazer. That meant I was wired differently to fulfill that purpose. So it stopped bothering myself.
Now I have become the confident African writer God had made me from the
foundations of the earth.
Every African writer must be comfortable in who God has made them. The confidence makes them standout, they become people of integrity, team players, and role models so others are able to follow them.
We are African writers, we are lead ourselves so we are world leaders.
THE POWER OF NEGOTIATION.
According to the English Encarta Dictionary, Negotiation is defined as the reaching of agreement through discussion and compromise.
From the definition, two things stand out; Discussion and Compromise.
Every African writer must be able to discuss and come to a compromise when it comes to
things that concern them especially when it relates to making impact and making money.
So many African writers accept offers and jobs that are not worth their time and expertise, when this happens, the motivation to get the job done is absent, this has a way of discouraging them from really giving their best.
It is therefore wise to know what you are worth and ask for it, don’t just accept what is thrown at you.
Engage in reasonable discussion and be firm,
you could compromise a little but never settle for what you will be angry with when eventually you take the job or contract.
Every African writer must master the art of negotiation.
THE POWER OF CREATIVITY
For the most of last week, everything around seemed to have more color in it;
From the uniforms of the air hostess that ushered me to my seat on the plane to the
bland colored buildings of the site I've been working on.
From the color of my sun tanned ebony skin to the complexion of my white Caucasian colleague.
From the colors of all the classroom designs I've been proposing to the simple creamed
colored hotel room I've had to stay in for days.
It’s obvious that my creative senses are being awaked. The creativity in me just
wants to find expression like Jacob that forced himself out of his mother's womb
and grasped the leg of his brother.
Creativity is forcing its way out of me. Just like me, Every African writer, must be creative to stand out.
WHAT IS CREATIVITY?
Creativity can't really be defined. But I'll try to explain it in simple terms.
It is the use of imagination or original ideas to create something; it is inventiveness.
According to Steve Jobs, Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask
creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't
really do it, they just saw something, It seemed obvious to them after a while.
That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize
new things.
Every African writer must learn the art of creativity not just to standout
on their job but also to get full attention of those they impact in their little space
and beyond to humanity as a whole.
THE POWER OF KNOWLEDGE
O the joy of having knowledge! Mondays are my best days. They give me opportunities to start afresh. Every time I have a fresh start, there's a joy that comes with it because I know I am on another dimension. Fresh starts give me the opportunities to become NEW.
Don't you just love new things? I do; I love Newyork; my favourite place, New Investment Opportunities, New Real Estate, New Consulting jobs, New Automoblies, New Tech Gadgets, New collaborations; COLABO as i love to call it and most importantly new New
KNOWLEDGE.
Newness has a smell. You know how those crispy notes from the bank smells. You can almost want to keep the money and not spend it, just because it’s new.
Love is the same, guy meets girl, and he likes what he sees and hears, so he keeps
checking up.
Girl has butterflies in her tommy, smiles at everyone in the office. Everything new has this sweetness about it.
The same way we get into a relationship
with God and our lives are completely transformed. Everyone sees it; it shows in
our actions, words of our mouths and meditations of our heart.
Newness comes with peace. Peace fosters learning which is a total change in
behavior.
The source of all learning is knowledge and knowledge is power. This is the most important power there is.
No African writer can claim to be super if they are not at least one step ahead of everyone in their knowledge.
So we must equip ourselves with as much information as possible so we can stand tall and remain relevant.
This is exactly what using our power of knowledge does for us as writers.
Don't just spend time writing and writing, get knowledge and you will stand out.
#thebusinessofwriting
THE POWER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In 2017, I did a course in digital marketing and was so bored; i did not wait till the
end. I left that training feeling i had wasted my time.
Then one day, I became broke
and needed money to settle my bill. Guess what I did to get the money: a digital
marketing job.
Then again I got a call from a client saying he wanted Interactive boards for his School Startup. I got to work; sent out messages, made some calls, sent the quotes and my work was done.
The whole chain of action got me thinking
and I came up with the conclusion "if you really want to stand out as an African writer, you must know how to utilize the Power of Information Technology"
The greatest challenge with some writers is their inability to follow fast with the
racing world.
A lot of them just love their comfort zones and like to play it safe. I never heard of people who turned out great staying in their comfort zone.
It’s time to go digital. It’s time to start using the power of Information Technology to your
advantage.
For a couple of months in the past, I felt relief from the burden I had carried in my
heart for a while for humanity.
You know that moment when it feels like you're standing on top of the cliff after a long climb from the base of the mountain, the winds blowing in your sweaty face, your heart though racing but at rest because of the victory and your body elated because it worked in unison withyour soul and spirit to accomplish a purpose?
That's the state I'm in now, I feel I
have made considerable progress in getting up on my feet to do something about the Mediocre State of people around me especially African writers. But trust me, that is
just the beginning. Where the mountain ends, there the sky begins and beyond the sky is where we're headed, it’s where we belong; where the eagles fly. That is our true starting point.
We cannot afford to be mediocre, we must get tired of the status quo, and it cannot
be business as usual.
We must become outstanding, we must stand out in our various fields as African writers
and do things like the great people that we are.
We must use the power vested in us to
accomplish the great task ahead. It is up to us to fix what the past generation has destroyed, we cannot remain tied up and unused like the colt that is stagnant.
We have been sent for. It’s time to get out if our corners and go center stage. It’s time to go
digital you may never reach your full potential as an African writer if you do not go digital.
We must begin to use the power of information Technology to advance our work in writing. Go online learn something new. If you need a coach, I am here for you.
Contact me on +2349014471456


Comments
Post a Comment